Consumer Fraud Energy and Electric company scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayrayray

Recently I have been receiving any calls from people trying to get me to switch my power company to some electric company I have never heard of. I also have a friend who is calling me everyday trying to get me to join some company that he says is honest and uses clean energy and has low prices. They also have numerous people marketing the services around the USA. His company is called Ambit energy. Has anybody heard of them? He says I can make money too and that this has made him a great extra income. Something doesn't sound totally kosher to me about all of this what do you guys think? So many of these calls makes me think there is fraud somewhere and I don't know what could happen if I switched my utility company.

Recently I have been receiving any calls from people trying to get me to switch my power company to some electric company I have never heard of. I also have a friend who is calling me everyday trying to get me to join some company that he says is honest and uses clean energy and has low prices. They also have numerous people marketing the services around the USA. His company is called Ambit energy. Has anybody heard of them? He says I can make money too and that this has made him a great extra income. Something doesn't sound totally kosher to me about all of this what do you guys think? So many of these calls makes me think there is fraud somewhere and I don't know what could happen if I switched my utility company.

Many of these companies are scams.

All of these companies start with a lower rate, that balloons into a HIGHER rate after a few months.

None of these companies do anything but buy electricity at bulk rates and resell it to dummies.

Don't be a dummy.

Be a smarty, stay put.

There are NO bargains in the USA.

Don't look for them, unless you want to be FLEECED.

Stay put, and one more thing, there is no such thing as CLEAN energy.

Everything has a cost, energy, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back