Employment Options with Open Work Comp Claim

clstl6

Jurisdiction
Iowa
My husband suffered a back injury over a year ago at his current employer. He is working, but on light duty, and is restricted to 40 hours and week and cannot lift more than 30 pounds. Since he was accustomed to working 60 hours a week, we receive a check every week for the lost income. He is currently on 2nd shift with no hope of getting on 1st with his current employer. Our growing family needs him on a 1st shift job, but there are no job openings with comparable income and benefits that fit within the restrictions. Are we eligible for a check for lost wages if he accepts a lower paying position on 1st shift with a different employer?

My husband suffered a back injury over a year ago at his current employer. He is working, but on light duty, and is restricted to 40 hours and week and cannot lift more than 30 pounds. Since he was accustomed to working 60 hours a week, we receive a check every week for the lost income. He is currently on 2nd shift with no hope of getting on 1st with his current employer. Our growing family needs him on a 1st shift job, but there are no job openings with comparable income and benefits that fit within the restrictions. Are we eligible for a check for lost wages if he accepts a lower paying position on 1st shift with a different employer?

I suggest you have your husband discuss any questions he has about HIS workers comp claim with these fine folks:

www.iowaworkcomp.gov | Welcome to Iowa Division of Workers' Compensation

Back