Employer terminated me, stated "violation of company policy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jf7425

Here's what happened my assistant managers pulled me in the office, because the manager decided to fire me on my day off. The at this time we are going to have to end employment with you here. One of the assistants said I think it was because you helped this customer. There stating that I knew the customer.

The back story was a rep had asked me a month prior to perform maintenance on service for non-payment for a customer. He didn't do it because he didn't have access to it. I did and placed a note in the account stating would be shut off if again soon if payment wasn't made. It turned out to be his girlfriends account. He than asked the manager 2 weeks late to perform the same maintenance on the account and she said no, called me on my day off and asked if I performed service on the account for his girlfriend, I said I think I did I put a note in the account right. than a month later I was let go.

On a side note, we aren't aloud to deal with friends and family's account, but we can pass them off to other co-workers. Like when I buy things another co-worker sells it to me, which they definitely didn't have a problem with regardless of which ever item.

She really had no basis to let me go, just the fact she didn't like me and called it cleaning house. Is there anything that can be done? There are other things that point towards discrimination and reasons she just didn't like me.

Based on what you have posted, this was a legal termination. It is legal to terminate an employee because you don't like them. Nothing you have posted suggests illegal discrimination - is there more you haven't shared with us?

Within that month I heard her boss state, I know you have to deal with him (being me), there is a normal investigation process they go through but didn't, and they didn't collect my keys or badge, they knew I was participating in class action suits and was suppose to be a union steward, Ive been there for over 4 years, my prior manager said they didn't follow any protocal, and he said before he quit to watch out for the manager (in regards to me)

What illegal discrimination are you claiming? (race, religion, national origin....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back