Employer Forged "Incident Reports"

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyblue89

I was fired a couple months ago and at the time was told that the cause was "elimination of my position due to corporate restructuring and the attendant changes it entailed; namely shift in focus to sales from customer service (I was in customer service)." This did not surprise me since the company was being acquired by a larger company and hence a lot of changes were occurring. Also, they knew I would be leaving the company in six months' time anyway to continue my education.

I then filed for unemployment insurance. Presumably to avoid having their tax rating account changed for the worse, the employer then essentially told lies to the unemployment office. They said I was fired for misconduct, and sent "incident reports" describing (very little detail) supposed prior misconduct, and said that I had been repeatedly warned of my unacceptable behavior. They also said I had been "caught" trying to tamper with company property- which is also blatantly untrue. I never tampered with anything.

What can I do here? Though the incident reports are sketchy (one is dated in one month, but accidentally refers to a supposed event in a future month) I don't know that I can "prove" they are false. The employer has a couple of other employees in his pocket who are willing to bear witness that these incident occurred. But they never did! I was never reprimanded, never received any notification of incident reports or misconduct...

What can I do? Are employers required to notify employees if an incident report or notice of misconduct is filled out against them? Theoretically they could fabricate anything they wanted! It is highly unsettling, and I'm not sure how to proceed.

I am in Arizona.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back