Employer cut wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMassage

I no longer work at this company, but am still hoping on being able to file a complaint with the DOL.

I had worked for the company for about a year and a half as a massage therapist making a set amount of money per table massage performed and then given hourly wages for office work and chair massage.

ABout a month prior to my termination, I was told that my commission on table massages was being cut and that I was no longer going to be paid for office work or for doing required chair massage hours. However, I was still required to do the same work as before my wages were cut.

This typically involved several hours (up to 5) in the morning where I was required to to chair massage.
About a half hour of general maintenance inbetween massages to take care of clients and clean etc.
and between 3-4 hours each night to complete closing paperwork and cleaning.

I kept track of all my hours worked since the day i received the pay cut.

I was on the IL DOL site and it says employers are required to provide pay for anytime an employee is required to be at work.
SO my questions are:
1. Does this apply to my situation?
2. Since I am no longer with the company, can I still submit a complaint with the DOL
3. What can I do to claim the wages that should have been paid to me (I was told that by having been paid for these times and activities in the past, the employer technically recognized the fact of it being required paid work)

Thank you!

Hard to tell by your post an employer can reduce your wages going forward, but you still have to paid for any hours worked. You have I believe three years to file a wage complaint with the DOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back