Employer changes pay date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateHell

Hi,

My employer informed me two weeks before my monthly pay date that my pay date would be changing. Above the inconvenience of such short notice i have the following issue:

I currently get paid on the 15th of each month and my new pay day will be the 29th of each month. My employer informed me that i will not be paid on the 15th of September but the 29th. I assumed that i will therefore receive 6 weeks pay in the September 29th payment.
However payroll tell me that i am currently paid on 15th meaning two weeks in arrears and two weeks in hand for the month. Thus a "calendar monthly payment". They also state that moving my pay date to the 29th will still mean i receive a std monthly payment. Not 6wks as i assumed.

I can't find a way to argue the logical here ...technically it seems correct but in reality it leaves me two weeks short (from a budgeting & practical! point of view).
Are they correct? Can they just do this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is not legal Advice!

Hey,

Your quote: "I can't find a way to argue the logical here" ...technically it seems correct but in reality it leaves me two weeks short (from a budgeting & practical! point of view).
Are they correct? Can they just do this?

I know you are probably very upset about the changes but I had to do something very similar earlier this year with my staff because the accountant needed to change the way the payroll was paid out. I however, did use money from my personal account to try and ease the transition to the new pay structure. I am not for one min saying your boss is going to be able to do this or is in the financial position to do this but you maybe able to ask for some help if you feel this is going to put you on the bread line.

I am sure there is no malice in what is going on here and yes he is allowed to change his structure of his business.

Good luck, it is times like this we look to family and friends.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back