employee pledge

boxedintocorner

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Everyone has been mandated to sign this "health and safety training and pledge" . If it is not signed then there will be disciplinary action. They are saying it is not a legal waiver and the pledge has been changed at least 2x and those who have signed previously do not have to sign after the revisions. In the past, there have been mandatory training where we sign-in/log in without any typed signature or esignature needed. Also, if it gets to the point where we are mandated to take any immunizations for COVID, it would be included in this "pledge" as another revision and we are not given a choice. What I am asking is 1. if i sign this pledge, would that make any future mandates like taking the COVID "cure" and 2. if i sign the pledge V.C. in front of my name would it void the pledge even though they are saying it is not a legal waiver? I appreciate any advice or constructive comments.

If you don't understand a document, don't sign the document.

If you wish to understand the document take it to a local lawyer and retain the lawyer to explain the ramifications of signing said document.

Asking the guidance of strangers who MIGHT lie to you as a GOOF, is placing your livelihood potentially in the hands of fools or tricksters.

I agree that, if you are not comfortable signing the document, then you need to have an attorney review it.

I will, however, state that, barring any other contractual obligation, the employer is free to discipline or terminate you if you refuse to sign (or if you attempt to play games with your signature).

Also, V.C. won't help.

Last edited:
What I am asking is 1. if i sign this pledge, would that make any future mandates like taking the COVID "cure"

This "question" is not a complete sentence and makes no sense. Of course, since you didn't provide us with the text of this "pledge," it would be impossible to comment intelligently about it's legal effect (or lack thereof).

and 2. if i sign the pledge V.C. in front of my name would it void the pledge even though they are saying it is not a legal waiver?

Please explain what "sign the pledge V.C." means. Please also explain what the point would be of signing something in a manner that might void it. If you signed it in a way that made it void, it would be no different than not signing it.

The poster appears to be under the impression that if they put VC before their name when they sign, it means that they signed under duress and invalidates their signature.

The poster appears to be under the impression that if they put VC before their name when they sign, it means that they signed under duress and invalidates their signature.

If so, I have to wonder where one might get such an absurd notion.

Back