employee liability

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjindel

Is it legal for an employer to make an employee pay for an auto accident when it takes place in the company vehicle? The employer deducts an amount from the employee's monthly bonus (or takes the entire bonus if it is lesser than the 'set' amount) to be reimbursed for the insurance deductible. (The bonus earned is a certain percentage of the revenue that the employee has earned for the company.)

Maybe. Does the bonus plan have a provision for offsets at that company's discretion? Is there an employment contract detailing the provisions of bonus eligibility.

I don't know of any provisions for offsets to the plan. Also, all that I do know of the bonus program is that there is a detailed outline of what the bonus payout will be at each set revenue level. I truly do not know of anything else that is set up as a bonus contract.

I would recommend taking it to a local attorney versed in employment/contract law who can review it in detail and advise you. The devil is in the details (and specific to state law) with "contracts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back