Emergency Custody Hearing Set for 7/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandie1020

I won emergency custody of my 14 y old daughter last week, My daughter had found marijuana in my ex's home and took some pictures and wrote a letter to judge that she is uncomfortable living there and wants to be with me and her step dad and siblings. There has also been alleged abuse never founded with DFS in the last few years.

I hired a lawyer this week and he has one as well. He is saying of course there are no drugs in home. She has lived with him and her step mom for five years. She went to live with him when I did a consented placement with him with joint custody because at the time I was a stuggling single mom and thought it was the best choice for us at the time. Things have gotten worse over the years he is verbally and mentally abusive to her. They BUY her tons of stuff to make up for this. She has gotten to the age where she sees the manipulation and started asking to live with me a few months ago. He told my husband and I that we better have a damn good lawyer because he will fight me tooth and nail and that he "invested to much time and money" to let her go now.

I have been married 2 years to a wonderful husband that is a paramedic and I am a EMT we both are volunteers in the community have a nice town home and have a 9 year old and 1 year old who my daughter is very close with. Ex keeps bringing up my past saying that I was a horrible person in the past. BUT people change and I have been a different person for many years.

I also have emails that I printed of them putting guilt trips on her when they found out I won the hearing saying that I was a drama starter and that she was not being wise and that she was stupid to give up all the material things they have for her and that I was a bad person.

What will happen at this hearing on the 7th? What do think our chances are of getting her at least until a full custody hearing?

Thanks in advance
Mandie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back