Embezzlement @ Work . . . What to Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmmason511

I work part time as a leasing agent at an apartment community. I have recently learned that the management is saying (and recording) that they are evicting people and moving new people in, when they are really allowing old residents to reside there and make them pay them $1000's in back rent and not enter it into the records. I have a resident, who is shown as "evicted" but still living there, who has agreed to give me more information on the situation. Apparently, they told him to only pay with cash and money orders. Luckily the resident has kept his money order stubbs and is going to try to find out where they were cashed.

How should I handle this situation, so that the corruption will come to an end and so that I can avoid any negative reprocusions?

Feel free to email me tmmason511@yahoo.com

I'm not quite sure I understand why the leasing agent would do this unless you are saying that the agent is saying that renters have been evicted and then he pockets the money while they continue to live there. It would seem to me that there is no guarantee about how to handle the situation. I'm sure the owner would not be happy about the situation and an anonymous letter to him/her or the corporate attorney would light a fire. Perhaps letting them handle the situation might be safest.

Originally posted by tmmason511
I work part time as a leasing agent at an apartment community. I have recently learned that the management is saying (and recording) that they are evicting people and moving new people in, when they are really allowing old residents to reside there and make them pay them $1000's in back rent and not enter it into the records. I have a resident, who is shown as "evicted" but still living there, who has agreed to give me more information on the situation. Apparently, they told him to only pay with cash and money orders. Luckily the resident has kept his money order stubbs and is going to try to find out where they were cashed.

How should I handle this situation, so that the corruption will come to an end and so that I can avoid any negative reprocusions?

Feel free to email me tmmason511@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back