Emancipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shash361819

Hi, I'm a 16 year old female, currently a junior in high school. I will be graduating mid term my senior year(9 months away), in which i will only be 17. I will graduate in January and will not turn 18 until June. My parents are very controlling, mentally and physically abusive, and I've wanted out ever since i can remember. However, i know what when i graduate they are going to continue to make me stay at home and they believe that there is absolutley nothing i can do about it until i turn 18. I have a great job, (about a year now) and im the assistant manager. I think i would be able to support myself, even though i have many places that im more than welcom to stay. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody who knows anything that may be helpful to me please responde or email me. Thanks.

Hi, I'm a 16 year old female, currently a junior in high school. I will be graduating mid term my senior year(9 months away), in which i will only be 17. I will graduate in January and will not turn 18 until June. My parents are very controlling, mentally and physically abusive, and I've wanted out ever since i can remember. However, i know what when i graduate they are going to continue to make me stay at home and they believe that there is absolutley nothing i can do about it until i turn 18. I have a great job, (about a year now) and im the assistant manager. I think i would be able to support myself, even though i have many places that im more than welcom to stay. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody who knows anything that may be helpful to me please responde or email me. Thanks.

untill you turn 18, you cannot move out without your parents permission. period.

Since she was 16 in 2005, when this thread was originally posted, she is now 18, and your advice is rather pointless, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back