Emancipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdesotelle

Okay so basically I have this friend, he's 16 years old, and he lives in Franklin County PA. I know emancipation differs from state state, and all I know about emancipation law in PA is that it differs from county to county.

His parent aren't exactly abusive, well not physically. But his living conditions aren't mentally healthy. He's not aloud to leave the house except for school and if his parents take him out. His parents won't let him have any friends over, or allow him to visit any of his friends, including in a public location, such as the mall, skating rink, etc.

I would understand his parents if he was a bad kid but he's not. He's actually a very good kid his parents are just mentally abusive. I'm really worried about him because he's taken up cutting.

If you could just tell me the laws regarding emancipation in PA, Franklin county that would be great.

Thanks for all your help ^_^

Where does the 16 year old work?
How much does this 16 year old make?
Where will this 16 year old live?

I have more but this is for starters and I may have no need to go further. By the way nothing you posted appears illegal. If abuse he can talk to a school cousnelor who can report the abuse the Social Services

It doesn't matter what the laws in Franklin County are. You've already told us enough to know that your friend will NOT be emancipated.

The first time he picked up a knife or razor and cut himself, he ensured that no court would ever grant him legal emancipation as a minor.

Additionally, nothing you have posted suggests that he would be a candidate for emancipation in any case. Parents keeping a tight leash on their children and where they go is not considered mental abuse; it is called good parenting.

It doesn't matter what the laws in Franklin County are. You've already told us enough to know that your friend will NOT be emancipated.

The first time he picked up a knife or razor and cut himself, he ensured that no court would ever grant him legal emancipation as a minor.

Additionally, nothing you have posted suggests that he would be a candidate for emancipation in any case. Parents keeping a tight leash on their children and where they go is not considered mental abuse; it is called good parenting.

Ok, firstly keeping your child in seclusion from the rest of the world is NOT good parenting. Keeping a child away from their friends and refusing to let them have a life is NOT mentally healthy regardless if it is legal or not. And fyi my dads ex-girl friend cut herself, and she emancipated at age 16, she also resides in PA. Shows what you know :p

Where does the 16 year old work?
How much does this 16 year old make?
Where will this 16 year old live?

I have more but this is for starters and I may have no need to go further. By the way nothing you posted appears illegal. If abuse he can talk to a school cousnelor who can report the abuse the Social Services

I don't care whether or not he's elligable for emancipation. That wasn't my question. My question was what does the law say about emancipation in franklin county. Whether or not he is elligable isn't my business or yours. He simply asked me to find out what the procedure is and to get him the information.

Feel free to try elsewhere for same replies or google your county's emancipation law. We did answer you just dont like the answer. Cant help that.

There is no state or county in the US where a child with emotional issues (i.e. cutting himself) can be emancipated. This holds true regardless of whether you agree with a parenting style or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back