Electronic Transcript Corrupted - Not Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstras

I represented myself in Municipal Court for a traffic violation. I think I did a great job. It was trial by ambush. The police officer claimed he could determine the speed of a vehicle just by doing a visual. Well, I took him to task on that and the prosecutor objected (without grounds, mind you) and the Judge sustained. I lost the case. Afterall, how could the Judge find me not guilty in front of all those people and police officer looking on? Anyway, I filed for appeal. The court uses an electronic recorder that produces an audio file that is sent to a court reporter to be transcripted. Well, the problem is that the audio file is corrupted and nobody can play it to transcribe. What do I do now? The appeal requires me to have the transcript but through no fault of mine one is not available.

Thank you for your comments.

Note that when an officer is radar certified (at least in most states) he has had to accurately have conducted VISUAL estimations of speed which were confirmed by radar to within +/- 2 to 5 MPH (depending on the instruction provided). So, if he is radar trained he is also trained in visual estimation and has had to pass a qualification on this training.

- Carl

Thank you for reminding me. After looking at the transcript it appears that the police officer did mention that he could "visually estimate speed" but when I challenged him on it the prosecutor objected - leaving me to wonder if he really could visually estimate speed or if it was something they all say to throw you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back