elder estate

i have a quit clam deed with my daughters name on it .If i should go to the nursing home (i am 83 years old) and go on medicade .Can my daughter still keep my home.

That will be determined by social security and/or medicare.

Yes, its another tragedy what is done to hard working, honest, decent, senior citizens.

In a word, NOTHING is done to help us, just hurt us and steal the few pennies we've managed to earn honestly and save.

You can also write letters to your Federal senators, congressperson,
Secretary of Health and HHS Secretary Thomas E. Price, M.D.
(HHS website: Secretary ).

Please keep us informed, and I hope those greedy demons don't steal your home.

i have a quit clam deed with my daughters name on it .If i should go to the nursing home (i am 83 years old) and go on medicade .Can my daughter still keep my home.

I hope you haven't recorded that deed.

If you haven't I suggest you shred it and consult an attorney who can properly advise you. Meantime, read this:

MDHHS - Estate Recovery

And this:

Medicaid Part 7 - Exempt Assets | Michigan Elder Law Today

The above links may only be part of the story (and may be incomplete or out of date) so make sure you get some qualified professional advice before you make what could be the biggest mistake of your life.

i have a quit clam deed with my daughters name on it .

Not sure what this means. Any deed will list a grantor and a grantee. The grantor is the person who is transferring the property, and the grantee is the person to whom the property is being transferred. Is your daughter the grantor or the grantee? Was the deed delivered by the grantor to the grantee? Was it filed/recorded in the records for the county in which the property is located? Why do you have the deed?

If i should go to the nursing home (i am 83 years old) and go on medicade .Can my daughter still keep my home.

No way for us to know. Based on the nearly complete absence of relevant information in your post, all I can tell you is that if you transfer any asset to someone without receiving fair consideration in return and you seek public benefits within several years after doing so, the public entity providing the benefit may seek to recover the asset. Stated differently, the general public does not take kindly to folks obtaining public aid when they have or had assets that could have been used to pay in lieu of the public aid.

Back