1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Eeoc finds quilt of retaliation and discrimination

Discussion in 'Discrimination & Sexual Harassment' started by Debra Miller, Jul 18, 2019.

  1. Debra Miller

    Debra Miller Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    In May of 2017 I contacted the EEOC I explained and I was retaliated against by a certain company dad had done retaliated on me prior in 2013 after 3 years in the EEOC in investigations I was called yesterday by the EEOC investigator and told did they were going to call the employer and ask him to resolve it before it goes any farther I was called again today by the same investigator in the EEOC and was told that they would contact today to the employer and tell him that the EEOC has found them guilty of discrimination and retaliation I would like to speak with the lawyer and ask if I'm entitled to anything more than my back wages at this point
  2. Tax Counsel

    Tax Counsel Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    The EEOC does not determine "guilt" of an employer. Indeed the laws the EEOC enforces are not criminal laws so there is never any actual guilt involved. The EEOC may determine in the course of its investigation that it concludes that the employer likely did illegally discriminate against you. But unless the EEOC decides to litigate the matter for you (which is very rare) all you'll get from the EEOC in the end is a "right to sue" letter that tells you the EEOC has finished its investigation and decided not to sue the employer and that you have 90 days to file a lawsuit against the employer yourself.

    So contact a lawyer or two in Ohio who litigate illegal discrimination claims against employers to review your situation and see if you have a good case to bring and what amount of damages you might be able to claim in the lawsuit.
    hrforme likes this.

Share This Page