Edit buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

What happened to the "edit" link on recent posts?

I WISH I were perfect, but I sometimes find that I need to go back and correct an obvious error and just found that there was no "edit" button for a recent post! :eek:

- Carl

Just posting so I can check it out!

Mine still works. Maybe it's a gender thing.:D

Last edited:
I don't recall ever seeing one. It always throws me when I see these "post edited by blah for blah reason" and I wonder how they did it.

F'rinstance, irish's post above: "Last edited by irish223; Today at 12:27 PM. Reason: add info." How'd they do that?

F'rinstance, irish's post above: "Last edited by irish223; Today at 12:27 PM. Reason: add info." How'd they do that?
After I post a reply, there are 3 buttons at the bottom of the post:

Edit
Quick Reply

Apparently, some people don't have the edit button. :confused:

Nope!

I get only:

"Quote"
"Quick Reply"

... and that's it.

- Carl

I'm thinking that "edit" only exists for Moderators at the moment.

- Carl

Could be, although I haven't been able to access the moderator controls, so I've assumed that there weren't any other changes.

OK guys - I'm going to check to make sure that you're all in the right categories and have access to all the important areas. This may have become muddled when I created a new group so that new members couldn't just shoot out emails to everyone here 24/7. I'll have this fixed by tonight. :)

OK guys - I'm going to check to make sure that you're all in the right categories and have access to all the important areas. This may have become muddled when I created a new group so that new members couldn't just shoot out emails to everyone here 24/7. I'll have this fixed by tonight. :)
Yay to LP! :)

- Carl

Thanks for fixing. I have also notcied the edit buttons have disappeared. I have wondered, who is the moderator/webmaster of this site?

Also you might want to remove "free legal advice from lawyers" since most people on here are not lawyers, and people need to know we are not giving legal advice.

Good points. I'll be giving you guys moderator capabilities and glad to have help in managing the riffraff, lol.

I'm about to put up a complete regimented FAQ, a new legal FAQ section, and a bunch more stuff with the new design that has been completed. This will help organize the explanation of moderators, support, etc. into one that is clearly organized.

OK, everyone should be happy. I realize that the "edit" button defaulted to a low number and I've also provided additional moderator capabilities for those who are and want to moderate. :D Now there should be plenty of time to edit posts. :)

I see the dit button now, thanks.

Huh ... I can issue "infraction" warnings ... gee, sort of like giving a citation? ;)

- Carl

One more suggestion, can you add a tag to ask people to please name their state? Somany people post and do not tell us where they live.

Just added the "state" tab in the new thread. I'm working on making this a line that needs to be checked before posting. For now we've got it working.

I've also discovered some new members posting a lot of hokum too and I'm working on weeding it out as well.

Curious - I still don't see the Edit button. Down at the bottom of the forum page, it says this:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may not edit your posts

I guess I can't complain. Three out of four ain't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back