EBT card won't swipe although you can punch it in... store cashier won't punch it in!

S.Bizieff

Jurisdiction
California
I went to pay with EBT card it won't swipe but you can punch in numbers but the cashier won't is this legal?

Yep.
If the card isn't working right then get a new one or pay with some other means... Or go to another store where maybe they will do it manually.
Certainly not a legal issue though.

i receieved my funds on my foodstamp card inwhich is a new replacement card but when i try and buy food it says insufficent account
1: Don't hijack someone else's ancient thread.
2: There's nothing we can do to help you. Contact the folks who issued the card.

i receieved my funds on my foodstamp card inwhich is a new replacement card but when i try and buy food it says insufficent account
How in the name of everything honest and decent do you suppose STRANGERS, uninformed about you and your issues can provide you with useful information sufficient to answer your kvetching?

Here's a thought that just flashed through this old, dummy's mind. If this old dummy encountered YOUR DILEMMA, this old dummy would contact the agency, bureau, organization that issued you your "freebie" card to ask any and all questions he had about NOT getting "freebies", or as they were called back in the day, TRANSFER PAYMENTS.

Back