Ebay Suspension For False registration Infromation

Status
Not open for further replies.

obijo

Our Ebay account was recently suspended for the following reason

"False or missing contact information - Falsifying or omitting your name, address, and/or telephone number (including use of fax machines, pager numbers, modems or disconnected numbers)"

The account is a business and has been active for over 2 years and has had well over 2000 transactions. The Contact name on the account was the Registered Business Name (Dba) with the State. The Company is formed as LLC.
Ebay is claiming that we violated Policy because we used the DBA name as the Contact name. For example instead of Joe Smith we used xyz company. My understanding is that xyz Company being a Legal Entry would should be considered sufficient. Ebay has stated it will take at least 7 days from time of submission of documents proving identity to reinstate the account.

I would like peoples thoughts as to what is defined as a Persons name can this in fact be a DBA name and also if they take an excessive amount of time to reinstate the account if that might be a Claim against them.

You won't be successful in suing eBay in this instance. Sure this is annoying but having an account on their system isn't a constitutional right. Your best bet is not to fight them on this and work with them to get the right information into your account. Contact name may very well be a person - business entities are run by people and they need a person to contact. Additionally, I'll bet their terms of use covers them in this instance as well. Good luck with this and I hope it's straightened out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back