Copyright Ebay Auctions removed-Law Firm Sent Me A Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new letter in the mail, telling me that I need to meet their demands that were outlined in an earlier letter or they will take any and all actions necessary.

Ignore anything they send, obey court orders only.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

That's probably the best/right thing to do at this time. Good luck to you.

Did the letter release you from future lawsuits from 20th Century Fox? Probably not, the last line probably states that your payment does not eliminate future legal proceeding by the copyright holders (20th Century Fox).

I also read that a copyright protection agency just got shut down Feb 23rd due to the extortion emails/letters they sent out in mass. A judge found it illegal to threaten someone for money with non legal documents. (I guess they must come from the copyright holders attorneys who actually hold some clout with the actual company).

I guess 100s and thousands of people are emailed for extortion money, and lots pay.

Well I have heard of one other person that this happened to and this person found out that the attorney claiming to represent the company that was being infringed upon really did not represent them. The letter never stated that it would release me from future lawsuits but I wondered if I complied with the demands(sending them the merchandise and $325) if later they would come back and try to get more out of me.

I wouldn't do anything (send anything) but it's up to you. They "might" come back to you for more even if you complied with their demands. There is no way for us to know.

By complying.........you admit guilt. You responded once (which you shouldn't have) and they are going to make you more afraid. Unless the letter admonishes you from future lawsuits, it is just plain extortion.

If you went to the actual company, gave them a check and dropped of any merchandise, they wouldn't know what you were talking about.

Unless you get a certified letter from a lawyer actually working for 20th century fox, don't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back