Easy divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidgirl

We have not been married a year, we have a 6 month old daughter. We only married because of her. We have a home it's paid for. I am sick of looking at his face, he is not helping me with bills or the baby. I did love him at one time, but not anymore. I just want NOT to be married to him anymore. I just hate that I will have to be tied to him forever cause of our daughter, but I will have full custody I know that. I mean he rarely has anything to do with her now and she lives with him. Cause I have the baby, they will give me the house right? We don't either make alot of money, so I don't think we will need lawyers or a divorce court, I just want it clean cut, not married to him anymore and full custody of our daughter. What procedures do I need to follow in the state of NC? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! :confused:

First of all you need to file for a divorce. Since you have a house you really should see an attorney. You might qualify for legal help. Some family courts also offer mediation instead of an attorney.

Just because you have the baby does not mean you will get the house. Who's name is it in? How long have you owned it?

Also, you may get full custody but he does have rights to custody and visitation. It is not good to assume you are going to get everything. You decided to have a baby with him so you will have to deal with him and allow him to be a dad, like it or not.

Well when I first moved in the house the house was in his parents names. When he and I got married they put it in our name together. We have owned it together now for almost 1 year. I am not saying I am not gonna let him see the baby? I will never keep him from seeing her and trying to be a father. Even thought he is not being one now. Neither one of us have alot of money. We both work but he does not always give me money for the bills, so then we go behind on basic bills, and I AM NOT having my daughter not have lights for air etc... I don't drink, do drugs or go to bars. I do not go shopping everyday, I don't get facials, get my hair/nails done, buy shoes, purses. I am only doing the bare min,then I need money for diapers, but I also need money for basic bills, car payment, etc.... Well I will talk to a lawyer just to see where he thinks I stand. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back