Dyfs

Bryan Reedy

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I have dyfs in my life for drinking. Well they knocked on my door the wife answered and the worker said I'm here to investigate substance abuse and emotional neglect. Than went to my kids school interviewed my 4 and 7 year old with no parents present. This was on a Friday. So than they interviewed me and told me there is verbal domestic violence prevalent in your household I want you and your wife to go to counseling. Well my wife cried and played victim and painted me as the abuser. So now I haven't agreed to counseling yet and June 4 th they want me to pee in a cup should I comply with these. It seems to me I've done nothing wrong and I don't know what to do! The worst part is I'm the only one working in my household and they want me to go pee in a cup on a Tuesday and miss work which I think is nuts. Please help

I have dyfs in my life for drinking. Well they knocked on my door the wife answered and the worker said I'm here to investigate substance abuse and emotional neglect. Than went to my kids school interviewed my 4 and 7 year old with no parents present. This was on a Friday. So than they interviewed me and told me there is verbal domestic violence prevalent in your household I want you and your wife to go to counseling. Well my wife cried and played victim and painted me as the abuser. So now I haven't agreed to counseling yet and June 4 th they want me to pee in a cup should I comply with these. It seems to me I've done nothing wrong and I don't know what to do! The worst part is I'm the only one working in my household and they want me to go pee in a cup on a Tuesday and miss work which I think is nuts. Please help

I'm sorry, but you are going to need an attorney in your corner. There's not much that an internet forum can do for you, especially not by next Tuesday.

Apparently what is going on in your home is bad enough that someone reported you. Stop drinking/drugging. If you don't wish to comply with DYFS then I recommend an attorney.

Without a court order they cannot force you. However if you refused they can then seek an order to have children removed from home. It is in your best interest to cease drinking NOW! If you cannot do that then seek help or start attending AA meetings

I have dyfs in my life for drinking.

Yes, whenever the "DYFS", "DFS", "CPS" or any other acronym for their name appears at your door; what you do next will determine what THEY can do next.

Unless "DFYS", FBI, State Police, County Sheriff, City Marshal, DEA, or any other initial agency has a warrant; you don't have to admit them into your home, or even talk to them.

You can simply say, "No you can't enter my home" or "Sorry, I don't wish to speak with you", or even better; you don't even need to answer your door.

Than went to my kids school interviewed my 4 and 7 year old with no parents present.

That often happens, too, mate.

All you can do is educate your children that if any adult wishes to speak with them to say, "Sorry, I am NOT allowed to speak with strangers UNLESS my mommy and daddy are present. I must remain silent, sorry."

So than they interviewed me and told me there is verbal domestic violence prevalent in your household I want you and your wife to go to counseling.

It saddens me to learn that you allowed them into your home without a warrant, and then you even spoke with them.

I suggest you watch this video in its entirety and be ready IF any "agents of the state" ever come knocking without a warrant. Even if the "agents of the state" have a warrant, you are best served to "stand by your RIGHT to remain silent".

Well my wife cried and played victim and painted me as the abuser.

Whatever she says, whatever anyone says, all you ever need to do is "keep yer YAPPER" shut!

So now I haven't agreed to counseling yet and June 4 th they want me to pee in a cup should I comply with these.

Yeah, and I wanted to play major league baseball, too.

I was good, but NOT that good.

I spent a year as a bullpen catcher for the Tigers.

That is close as I got to the show.

Don't worry about what anyone wants, unless you want it, too!

You are under no legal obligation to even meet with any "agents of the state", much less urinate in a cup.

It seems to me I've done nothing wrong and I don't know what to do!

We are ALL cloaked in the presumption of innocence.

You need NOT do anything you don't wish to do.

If you choose NOT to do what someone wants on June 4th, you'll hear from them again.

You can hire a lawyer in the meantime, or you can simply NOT answer your door when the "agents of the state" next appear at your door.

Remember, watch that video if you want an explanation with examples.

The worst part is I'm the only one working in my household and they want me to go pee in a cup on a Tuesday and miss work which I think is nuts. Please help

Only YOU can help YOU, buddy.

Go to work, earn that money big dawg, plenty of money.

You aren't mandated to "tinkle" in a cup.

You aren't mandated to explain why.

As long as you 21 years of age, you can drink liquor until you die in the comfort of your home.

Be smart, just don't drink alcohol and drive, or venture out onto the "public streets".

You need not reveal to anyone if you drink, smoke crack, shoot "horse", drop acid, consume "shrooms" or even "Mexican mud".

I am NOT recommending you to do anything but hydrate regularly with WATER.

I am saying that whatever you do should remain YOUR business.

You don't have to be present for child services to talk to your kids if they are investigating a report of abuse. In fact, it does make sense not to have a parent present there especially if the parent is the one abusing the kid.

You don't have to comply unless there's a court order - but it's up to you.

Usually when someone says "painted me as an abuser" or what you said there's some abuse going on. Not always - but usually. And counseling can't hurt.

Yes, whenever the "DYFS", "DFS", "CPS" or any other acronym for their name appears at your door; what you do next will determine what THEY can do next.

Unless "DFYS", FBI, State Police, County Sheriff, City Marshal, DEA, or any other initial agency has a warrant; you don't have to admit them into your home, or even talk to them.

You can simply say, "No you can't enter my home" or "Sorry, I don't wish to speak with you", or even better; you don't even need to answer your door.

That often happens, too, mate.

All you can do is educate your children that if any adult wishes to speak with them to say, "Sorry, I am NOT allowed to speak with strangers UNLESS my mommy and daddy are present. I must remain silent, sorry."

It saddens me to learn that you allowed them into your home without a warrant, and then you even spoke with them.

I suggest you watch this video in its entirety and be ready IF any "agents of the state" ever come knocking without a warrant. Even if the "agents of the state" have a warrant, you are best served to "stand by your RIGHT to remain silent".

Whatever she says, whatever anyone says, all you ever need to do is "keep yer YAPPER" shut!

Yeah, and I wanted to play major league baseball, too.

I was good, but NOT that good.

I spent a year as a bullpen catcher for the Tigers.

That is close as I got to the show.

Don't worry about what anyone wants, unless you want it, too!

You are under no legal obligation to even meet with any "agents of the state", much less urinate in a cup.

We are ALL cloaked in the presumption of innocence.

You need NOT do anything you don't wish to do.

If you choose NOT to do what someone wants on June 4th, you'll hear from them again.

You can hire a lawyer in the meantime, or you can simply NOT answer your door when the "agents of the state" next appear at your door.

Remember, watch that video if you want an explanation with examples.

Only YOU can help YOU, buddy.

Go to work, earn that money big dawg, plenty of money.

You aren't mandated to "tinkle" in a cup.

You aren't mandated to explain why.

As long as you 21 years of age, you can drink liquor until you die in the comfort of your home.

Be smart, just don't drink alcohol and drive, or venture out onto the "public streets".

You need not reveal to anyone if you drink, smoke crack, shoot "horse", drop acid, consume "shrooms" or even "Mexican mud".

I am NOT recommending you to do anything but hydrate regularly with WATER.

I am saying that whatever you do should remain YOUR business.

Yes kids shouldn't talk to strangers - but what if the OP is abusing his kids? Or what if any parent or adult is abusing their kids and the kids don't tell someone?

Back