dui

C

carolbwestling

Jurisdiction
Hawaii
I got a dui while stationed in Hawaii.This happened over 25 yrs ago.Since then I moved to Sacramento Ca.Ive taken written. test and received my ca drivers license.Ive had a California drivers license for many years after leaving Hi.Until about 3 years ago when i went to dmv to renew it on my birthday,they said I couldn't because of a 25 year old dui.
I haven't had a dui since nor have I had one single alcohol related incident.Im not the same person I was over 25 yrs ago.
Ive made mistakes when I was younger but Im older and wiser now.Can they make me take drinking and driving classes on something that happened over 25 yrs ago when I havent had any alcohol related incidents since?

I got a dui while stationed in Hawaii.This happened over 25 yrs ago.Since then I moved to Sacramento Ca.Ive taken written. test and received my ca drivers license.Ive had a California drivers license for many years after leaving Hi.Until about 3 years ago when i went to dmv to renew it on my birthday,they said I couldn't because of a 25 year old dui.
I haven't had a dui since nor have I had one single alcohol related incident.Im not the same person I was over 25 yrs ago.
Ive made mistakes when I was younger but Im older and wiser now.Can they make me take drinking and driving classes on something that happened over 25 yrs ago when I havent had any alcohol related incidents since?

This happened 3 yrs. ago -have you not been driving since? I'm surprised a 25 yr. old DUI would show up on your driving record. Have you had any more recent violations?

You can refuse to do what DMV requests.
If you do, DMV will continue to revoke your driving privileges.
No one can make anyone do a darn thing.
What someone can do, is make a person regret what they were requested to do.

Back