Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmscindi

Reason for stop: no front license plate displayed
BAC: .16

I was pulled over and given a DMV notice of suspension after confirming that I was over the legal alcohol level. I was not arrested, I was allowed to be driven home by another individual and I did NOT receive a citation. From everything I am reading in research this is very unusual and I have no idea where to go from here. What do I do now? Should I contact the CHP? Was this an oversight and/or act of kindness by the officer? I have no record of any kind outside of a seatbelt ticket and want to handle this appropriately. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes, this IS very unusual.

You might later be charged by the DA. Or, you may simply have to deal with the DMV issue.

At this point you need to deal with what you have in hand - the DS 367 (Admin Per Se). It should say that you have 10 days to request a hearing or your license will be suspended.

- Carl

actually, same thing happened to me last Saturday. EXACT SAME THING!!!
CA, at around mid night (actually Halloween...LOL)
i received the pink slip with ZERO tolerance policy on it. Sunday night, the police came to my house and told me that he forgot to give me my citation. it was a infraction, with all the info i needed. u will get it.

dont mean to take over the thread, but do you have to request a hearing? is there any chance of winning?
i mean, im already going to court for the infraction that i received, what is the difference between that and the hearing? and P.S. my case is pretty much the same as the poster, and my BAC was .035.
and what do i have to do about DMV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back