Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Dui#2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesbrumfield69

I was recently arrested for the second time for dui and leaving the scene of accident when my car went in the ditch. I was alone, i understand that it cant be an accident? and my dui the trooper gave me a counting test and i told him i was not intoxicated on anything, but he took me to jail and gave me those tickets. I am fighting for my innocence, I went and took a hair drug test at my expense and when the results come back negative will the charges be dropped??:eek::confused:

A hair drug test for alcohol? The only one I'm familiar with is an ETG test, and that goes back from 2 weeks to a month or so. Why didn't you get a blood test?

Unfortunately you will most likely have to wait a while to see if the charges are dropped. It may take a Judge's order.

I was recently arrested for the second time for dui and leaving the scene of accident when my car went in the ditch. I was alone, i understand that it cant be an accident? and my dui the trooper gave me a counting test and i told him i was not intoxicated on anything, but he took me to jail and gave me those tickets. I am fighting for my innocence, I went and took a hair drug test at my expense and when the results come back negative will the charges be dropped??:eek::confused:

i was given a ticket for dui i guess he thought i was on drugs. thats why i took a hair test. how else can i get out of it.

It sounds like the officer was sloppy and perhaps overzealous. Getting a hair test was smart. Unfortunately, in some areas of the country the police and prosecution are hell bent on arresting everyone possible for drunk or "drugged" driving. Is it possible at all to hire an attorney? Rules of evidence vary by State, but it seems the only evidence against you will be what the officer writes in his arrest report(and mind you, he'll probably lie in it). hopefully the prosecutor assigned to your won't want egg all over his face and he'll either get rid of it, or perhaps reduce the charge to some form of civil infraction.

Good Luck

did hair test help

i am in mississippi and i also recieved a "leaving the scene of accident" ticket. at the time my license was suspended so i got that ticket too after the fact. i didnt even know about that one until i went to court. my custody of my child is riding on this, do u no what the laws are here with hair tests. how do they prove my dui without giving me any tests. thanks for all the advice.:eek::eek::eek:

I am totally unfamiliar with Mississippi. I assume they may use the DUE as leverage, to then try and get your for driving on a suspended license. Why was it suspended? After the accident, did you call anyone? I hope you get an attorney, It may be difficult to get your hair test admissable, as there may be a question of procedure.

Good Luck. I wish I could have been of more help.

my license was suspended bc of dui #1. i havent been able to get insurance. yes i callled my husband, my public defender asked that too. why does that matter. do u think i need to get a paid attorney or stick with the one appointed to me?

Some appointed attorneys do a very good job, if you're happy with them thus far, then you may as well stick with him. If you are unsure, you could always interview with another one, but make sure they don't charge for the initial consultation, and are aware you currently have an attorney.

Your attorney asked if you called anyone, probably hoping you may have notified the police of someone in the county of the car being off the road. That would probably eliminate the "leaving the scene of the accident" charge.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back