Drunk and fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ump34

this past weekend one of my friends from home came down to my university for a weekend of partying.(we are both under 21) We both have a lot of drinks and we start ruffhousing, he gets angry and hits me and i then get angry and hit him in the face, which chips off part of his molar. there was no police report filed and he and i seemed to have made up. I woke up and he was gone the next morning very early and he will not return my phone calls or messages. I know he is the type to sue, can he sue me? if so how can i prevent or save myself?

Hi there,

Reading over what you have written i have to say that i think most guys have been in the exact same position but without the fear that their friend was going to go legal with it. :eek:

But after looking at what you say, if you were to have to answer a case after your so called friend went legal, he would have to prove his case.

More than likely there will have been CCTV that shows what happened in the incident and if he was really thinking about taking this legal he would have to explain why he threw the first punch.:no:

The guy has no leg to stand on here if you are telling us exactly what happened so i would just relax and keep trying to call your friend to see if anything is up.

Good luck :)

Yes, he can sue you for any damages he has incurred. Whether he will win or not will depend on whether or not a jury is convinced you are the most responsible ... or, maybe, at least half responsible.

No need to worry about things that have not happened.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back