Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse drug smuggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsmith

what if i was named as a person who transported drugs (marijuana) state to state in a commercial vehicle.

the state police pulled me over and had a dept. of homeland security agent and a local drug task force officer question me.

they said they had had me under survielance for months but never seen/caught me doing anything unlawfull.

they do have phone records that could connect/implicate me along with being turned in by someone.

they threatened me that first night and urged me to tell what i knew about this. i did admit to being involved although in the past, again before they were watching me.

now they want me to help set up others in order to get myself out of trouble.

i have not been arrested (yet).

i have no priors.

they say they cannot guarantee i will not be in trouble but my cooperation will help my situation, maybe up to a full pardon, maybe not.

should i be asking for a deal on paper?

what are my rights?

am i being railroaded?

advice please....

what if i was named as a person who transported drugs (marijuana) state to state in a commercial vehicle.
This would be most unfortunate for you ... depending on who it was that "named" you.

the state police pulled me over and had a dept. of homeland security agent and a local drug task force officer question me.

they said they had had me under survielance for months but never seen/caught me doing anything unlawfull.

they do have phone records that could connect/implicate me along with being turned in by someone.
Okay.

they threatened me that first night and urged me to tell what i knew about this. i did admit to being involved although in the past, again before they were watching me.
Not the best answer, but, okay.

now they want me to help set up others in order to get myself out of trouble.

i have not been arrested (yet).

i have no priors.
Contact an attorney before you do or say anything else.

they say they cannot guarantee i will not be in trouble but my cooperation will help my situation, maybe up to a full pardon, maybe not.

should i be asking for a deal on paper?
You should be speaking to an attorney.

what are my rights?
You have the right to remain silent.

am i being railroaded?
Probably not "railroaded", but you might be a victim of a bluff.

Talk to an attorney.

- Carl

The police don't really make deals, it's the prosecutor. You need to get a deal verified by a prosecutor and your defense attorney.

As a rule, I always tell people to never turn into a "confidential informant." It almost always ends badly. Criminals don't like them, but neither do most cops. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back