Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Drug Paraphernalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuhl88

A couple days ago I was driving with expired registration in CA and I don't have a license, so they impounded my car, that's not the problem. The deal is I had a neighbor in my car that I was giving a ride some where, he failed to tell me that he had some meth on him and a pipe, when PD found the drugs and paraphernalia, my neighbor said the drugs and pipe were his, but the pipe they found in my car was in the backseat and Pd didn't believe it was my neighbor's since I guess I have a record of drug abuse and it was in my car, it wasn't mine but I am too be arraigned next month for the possession of the pipe, I want to plead not guilty, but then what happens next, what do I do, I don't know if I just should plead guilty and do the time, I really don't want this on my record, though, what should I do. How do you suppose this is going to play out? Please help!!:dunno:

Last edited:
I have been in a drug court program before, I have possession on my record and vehicle theft on my record, but I haven't caught a new case in over a year, plus I'm worried a lawyer is too expensive and a public defender won't give me their all, so what should I do?

Tough one to answer. May be a violation of your prior drug court program and so could have serious problem. If you can't afford a lawyer, you'll have to go with court appointed. Do not try and deal with this on your own. Some lawyers give free consultations and will quote you a price so do that first and then make your decision.

Every single person arrested for drugs or drug paraph. claims its not theirs. I'm sure police heard that before. Know your friends a little better before you give them rides in cars with expired registration. You can hope you will be appointed a public defender or you are free to hire your own private attorney.

How did the pipe get in the back seat? I hope your finger prints and DNA aren't on that pipe that was found. Not that it will probably matter much in the end.

IF you can't afford a "good" lawyer, you better take the court app. one and hope for the best. I'm guessing this is a felony as it pertains to meth.

You may want to make sure your system is free from any drugs for some time to come, it would be a nail in your coffin if you test dirty for something at this point.

To Scooterdog:
They do not fingerprint or DNA type drug pipes found in the backseat of cars (unless of course the pipe was used to murder someone). Not all pipes are meth, some peeple actually still smoke pot, and don't forget about crack pipes.

To skuhl88: Follow my previous advice and good luck.

Last edited:
Possession of a marijuana pipe is not a crime in CA, but possession of a meth pipe IS.

And, correct, we do not DNA type or fingerprint meth. pipes ... too expensive and time consuming. Plus, there is an insufficient surface area for a good print.

- Carl

OOPs my bad...didn't reread and didn't see reference to meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back