Driving while license suspended with previous conviction

Assuming you mean previous conviction the the same offense, it is elevated to a Class B misdemeanor (as opposed to a C) which carries a possible fine of $2000 and 180 days in jail.

Assuming you mean previous conviction the the same offense, it is elevated to a Class B misdemeanor (as opposed to a C) which carries a possible fine of $2000 and 180 days in jail.

The highwayman is correct.
However, if you LAWYER UP, you can probably get a DEFERRED ADJUDICATION (unsupervised probation for 60-90 days) and pay a hefty fine, costs, and fees. Some JPs require you to take a driver reeducation class, too.

The bigger problem will be reinstating your driving privileges.
You'll find insurance rates quadrupled with a massive surcharge, if you can obtain insurance.

That battle, mate, will be fought with the lovable folks at DMV.

The highwayman is correct.
However, if you LAWYER UP, you can probably get a DEFERRED ADJUDICATION (unsupervised probation for 60-90 days) and pay a hefty fine, costs, and fees. Some JPs require you to take a driver reeducation class, too.

The bigger problem will be reinstating your driving privileges.
You'll find insurance rates quadrupled with a massive surcharge, if you can obtain insurance.

That battle, mate, will be fought with the lovable folks at DMV.
Thank you for informing me but can I let the district attorney know when i appear on my court date that I want deferred adjudication without having a lawyer just by myself ?

Thank you for informing me but can I let the district attorney know when i appear on my court date that I want deferred adjudication without having a lawyer just by myself ?
What I'm trying to say is I'm trying to do whatever it takes to avoid any jail time no matter the cost just don't wanna see any jail time

What I'm trying to say is I'm trying to do whatever it takes to avoid any jail time no matter the cost just don't wanna see any jail time

If you want to avoid jail time, hire a lawyer, or ask if you qualify for the services of a public defender.

Read the citation, somewhere on the form it discusses deferred adjudication.
if it isn't on the citation, search the court's website, or call the court and ask the clerk if a deferred adjudication plea is available for your case.

If you want to avoid jail time, hire a lawyer, or ask if you qualify for the services of a public defender.

Read the citation, somewhere on the form it discusses deferred adjudication.
if it isn't on the citation, search the court's website, or call the court and ask the clerk if a deferred adjudication plea is available for your case.
Thank you for the information I will call the district attorney and ask I don't have a citation they sent a letter in the mail the state of Texas versus me and if I have any questions to call the attorney's office so do I ask they attorney if the deffered adjudication applies to my case I go to court a month from today I was arrested for this offense about 8 months ago

Then stop being an idiot and breaking the law over and over again. Apparently, someone like you needs to go to jail for a few months to learn a real lesson.

Back