Dr. Lying on a medical record

MissyFong

Jurisdiction
California
I don't know if this is the right area or not. A year ago I was at a PTSD routine appointment. When we got towards the end the person asked if I would speak to her supervisor. I said ok not knowing why or what was coming. We went to a small room, she was very aggressive telling me they had been trying to help me but I had been non compliant for some programs. Those are different stories. She called my husband asked if all sharp objects had been removed he said no as I have knives for cooking. I had said yes as she was asking about things to self harm. Because the answers were not the same she called me a liar, told me I was being evasive and needed to speak to their Dr. By then I was very anxious I wasn't allowed to go to a restroom, call my husband or outside therapist. My phone was in the car. This man comes stands in the doorway, starts asking if I am hearing voices telling me to hurt myself and things along that line. I said no, I didn't understand why everyone was asking these questions. He then says I am a danger to myself and they were going to 5150 me. Then he left the doorway. By then I am beyond anxious still no communication allowed after 20 minutes I walked out, a guard is following me telling me I can't leave I get in my car and head home. The police arrive talking thru the screen they ask to see my wrists then tell me I have to come with them. They did not have the form 1802 which I should have been giving a copy. I go they double handcuffed me in front of my home take me back. I was never seen by a dr, just another social worker. I was told I would get the medications I take for restless legs that never happened. They were just going to transfer me the next morning after a night of hell due to not getting the medications. I had a super supportive nurse who helped me. I finally got a Dr to come talk to me again they asked to see my wrists then said well thats not right. I found out after getting home and looking at my notes in my records the SW and Dr. Had both said I had tried to slit my wrists and had SI. I had to file grievances to get them to relook and adjust the records but it's still wrong. I tried getting copies of the reports sending the police to my home they don't even have a record of any cars being in my neighborhood, there were 4 at my house. I am also discovering that the forms for a 5150 that are required by the county of LA don't exist. They are not in my medical records and I have spoken with 4 different people who each sent me something different but never the right forms. When I spoke with the therapist who started this nightmare and said that the others had put I had tried to cut my wrists she told me they were only human and are allowed to make mistakes! I asked what did that make me and walked out. I now have severe PTSD from this and everytime I have to ho the medical offices where this happened I have panic attacks

As you described it, it doesn't sound right to me.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to help you (legally speaking), and I suspect that there isn't much you can do to help yourself (again, legally speaking). I suggest that you use the web to contact civil rights attorneys in your area and then send them your story and ask if they can offer any assistance.

I wish you the best of luck.

It sounds like your main issue right now is getting copies of medical records. Both California law and federal law give you a right to see your medical records, subject to some exceptions. You also have a right under these laws to seek correction of any wrong information in your records. The links I provided will take you the pages from the California and Federal agencies that enforce these laws and tells you what rights you have the remedies you have for violations of those laws. Take a look and if you have further questions, come on back.

Back