dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

My wife was killed in an accident ......and it appears we had previously suspended her cars' coverage ...when we called to have her insurance reinstated .we assumed it had been done ....it had not ....she was at fault in that road conditions caused her to come in contact with oncomming traffic ........can her life insurance and tiny 401 k be taken to cover the loss of the other parties vehicle and medical bills or is there any protections for this situation ?

Unless the life ins. & 401k had no beneficiary or the estate was the bene, the life ins. & 401k will pass outside the estate & go to the named bene to do with as they wish. They don't have to use the proceeds to pay any of the deceased's bills. I worked for a life ins. co. & we got this question many times re life ins. & 401ks.

I meant to add you have my sympathy on the death of your wife & in such a tragic way.

Gently Betty .your knowlege and care about my situationis wonderfully thought of and apreciated greatly ...by the way .Im from the St Louis area orig also ...from Collisville Ill ..but have lived in St Lou ..on Compton Ave .and on Washington Ave ..hugs and ty soo much

I'm in Il. not far from Collinsville or St. Louis. My one brother & I are St. Louis Cardinal season ticket holders.

You're welcome for the help - take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back