Don't know what or if I can do anything

Halfbakedpotato

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
First of all thanks in advance for any advice. In January my brother and his girlfriend were going through somethings she cheated with his friend and he tried to kill himself. As a result of this the family intervened. Bro went to live with my mom, I took my nephew and the Gf sent 2 of her kids to her mom in IN. She had the two younger ones in a hotel. After my bro found out she was sleeping with another one of his friends( who did kill himself a couple of months ago) bro called DCF and they investigated the GF. She was found to have meth in her system, no food, and no place to live. The kids were taken and put in bros care. He filed for custody, judge decided he keep kids and she have supervised visits. I took my nephew , me and bro decided it was best not to take him out of school and because it's not her son. Gf also didn't treat nephew like other kids. I found out if he didn't listen she didn't feed him. He was constantly getting hit, yelled at and talked down to. His anger was through the roof, to the point he was put on meds and had therapist coming to the house. I had him for 3 months and I almost had him off his meds and the therapist was so happy with the progress he made that they were going to take him off the case load. All of a sudden bro decided to move to FL and take nephew. Come to find out he took Gf too. Thing is he still has open custody case in NC with the two younger kids and the Gf. He never told his lawyer he was moving and again she is supposed to have supervised visits. Now she has my nephew also. I'm worried about him because of everything prior to them leaving, but now she is posting on FB that she had to take my nephew to the ER. Because bro still won't admit he took Gf with him he doesn't talk to me or any of the anymore. I dont know where they are living exactly. I'm just wondering if there is anything that can be done. I would like to know if he is okay. I have no faith in bro or Gf to keep this child safe, they both have proven more time than not that they cannot care for any of the 5 kids involved. DCF has been called on them more time than I can count, house is always filthy and she was selling Food stamps for pills.They really don't need any of the kids but when it comes to my nephew he is treated differently than the girls by both bro and Gf. Bro doesn't want him because he reminds bro of nephews mom, who is not in the picture due to the fact she chose drugs. So I feel that no one has my nephew's back. Just wondering if I as the child's aunt living in another state can do anything and what.

Eventually your brother and his children will be found.

If you believe they're staying at FOR EXAMPLE: Happytown Motel in Methville, FL, you call the Methville, FL police and ask them to do a welfare check on your nephew Teddy Bear, age 9: BECAUSE - YOU SUPPLY REASON(S) HERE.

Other than that, unless you're planning to drop some serious coin, not much more anyone will do for you.

Back