Domestication of Executor of Estate

Wilson180

Jurisdiction
Virginia
My father passed away in January in Norway. The bank located here in the U.S. states we need to get a domesticated Copy of the Executor of the Estate. How does one obtain this in the state of VA?

My father passed away in January in Norway. The bank located here in the U.S. states we need to get a domesticated Copy of the Executor of the Estate. How does one obtain this in the state of VA?

If I were you, I'd discuss this with a lawyer.

You're going to need a translation of the will, or the trust documents, too.

If you haven't communicated with the executor, that might be worth the effort.

The bank located here in the U.S. states we need to get a domesticated Copy of the Executor of the Estate. How does one obtain this in the state of VA?

First of all, what bank is this? Second, the statement doesn't make any sense. The executor of the estate is a person who administers the estate of the deceased, and it is, to my knowledge, impossible to obtain a copy of a human being or to "domesticate" a human being. Who at the bank is telling you this? For what purpose do you supposedly need whatever it is that has been requested?

First of all, what bank is this? Second, the statement doesn't make any sense. The executor of the estate is a person who administers the estate of the deceased, and it is, to my knowledge, impossible to obtain a copy of a human being or to "domesticate" a human being. Who at the bank is telling you this? For what purpose do you supposedly need whatever it is that has been requested?
My husband received a document from Norway stating that my husband is taking over all of his father's finances, property, and belongings along with a death certificate. Penfed credit union will not turn over his father's IRA until a Virginia state court "recognizes" or "domesticates" the Norwegian court documents.

My husband received a document from Norway stating that my husband is taking over all of his father's finances, property, and belongings along with a death certificate. Penfed credit union will not turn over his father's IRA until a Virginia state court "recognizes" or "domesticates" the Norwegian court documents.

You should be very careful when you receive any unsolicited communications, especially if they originate from outside of the USA.

In fact, I am suspect of any unsolicited communications, even those that appear to originate inside the USA.

Scammers are vermin adept at making the illegitimate appear legitimate, so always be wary.

This MIGHT be a scam.

Sadly people use a death to perpetrate heinous crimes upon grieving family members.

Your husband might be wise to visit a PenFed Branch in person, and discuss the requests with a bank manager.

The manager can contact the institution's corporate security for more detailed information.

Additionally, talking to an attorney specializing in wills and trusts would also be useful.

Scams originate all over this planet daily, and many appear when a death has recently occurred.

Your top post asserts YOUR father expired.

Then in post four in this thread you say it is your father who passed away.

Which is it?

My husband received a document from Norway stating that my husband is taking over all of his father's finances, property, and belongings along with a death certificate.

In your first post, you said that your father died. Now you're talking about your husband's father. What does your husband taking over his father's finances, etc. have to do with your deceased father?

Also, what do you mean that this document came "from Norway"? Who in Norway sent this document (not a name, but some description of the sender's capacity)? And why would someone in Norway be in any position to tell your husband that he "is taking over all of his father's finances," etc.? Why wouldn't your husband's father handle his own finances?

Penfed credit union will not turn over his father's IRA until a Virginia state court "recognizes" or "domesticates" the Norwegian court documents.

Ok, so contact a local probate attorney about how to make that happen.

Back