Does this Statement of Claim meet the rules of pleading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Does this Statement of Claim meet the rules of pleading? (Florida rules are similar to federal rules) Judge is prejudiced and wants to dismiss without specifying any objection.

COUNT I
Nuisance, Harassment, …in Violation of Common Law and Florida Statutes [listed].
Defendants … have committed numerous acts of Nuisance, Harassment, …with the intent and effect of causing injury to the Plaintiff in his property, quality of life, enjoyment of his home, and value of his property, and efforts and costs of prosecution… [lists of paragraphs of fact and argument, and exhibits]

Three civil suits met the same rejection by a prejudiced judge who only wants to dismiss. The statement of claims has been checked and it meets the only requirement of a "short and plain" statement of claims listing the elements of defendants' intent, actions, causation, and effects causing the damages.

Does this Statement of Claim meet the rules of pleading? (Florida rules are similar to federal rules) Judge is prejudiced and wants to dismiss without specifying any objection.

COUNT I
Nuisance, Harassment, …in Violation of Common Law and Florida Statutes [listed].
Defendants … have committed numerous acts of Nuisance, Harassment, …with the intent and effect of causing injury to the Plaintiff in his property, quality of life, enjoyment of his home, and value of his property, and efforts and costs of prosecution… [lists of paragraphs of fact and argument, and exhibits]

Three civil suits met the same rejection by a prejudiced judge who only wants to dismiss. The statement of claims has been checked and it meets the only requirement of a "short and plain" statement of claims listing the elements of defendants' intent, actions, causation, and effects causing the damages.

Whether, in my legal opinion the pleading meets the FL Rules of Civil Procedure is irrelevant.

THAT judge (prejudiced or not) refuses to accept them.

If you want to try that case, you must satisfy that judge.

Trust me, they are all different, just as all plaintiffs and defendants are different.

I do see a problem or two with your pleadings.

You have formed them into a legal conclusion, rather than a statement of fact(s).

You also must illustrate HOW you have been damaged by defendant's action(s).

Finally, you must present a clear, concise prayer for relief.

Pleadings aren't meant to be a book,

They simply summarize why you wish to come before the honorable court.

Pleadings should state a claim for relief and at a minimum must contain:

(1) a short and plain statement of the grounds for the court's jurisdiction, unless the court already has jurisdiction and the claim needs no new jurisdictional support;

(2) a short and plain statement of the claim showing that the pleader is entitled to relief; and

(3) a demand for the relief sought, which may include relief in the alternative or different types of relief.

A judge is required to construe pleadings so as to act in the best interest(s) of justice or equity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back