does this look bad for me?

colecmanches654

I have been off and on with a girl for a little over 3 years. Her mother hates me. She says I'm rude and disrespectful. We have been dating in secret. Her mother recently found out and wants to put a no-contact order against me. Can she do this simply because I'm dating her daughter?

She may or may not be able to get a no-contact order, but at the same time you have NO legal standing to violate her mother's orders, either. As long as your girlfriend is under 18, what her mother says, goes. The law will NOT force Mom to allow you contact of any kind with the daughter.

I have been off and on with a girl for a little over 3 years. Her mother hates me. She says I'm rude and disrespectful. We have been dating in secret. Her mother recently found out and wants to put a no-contact order against me. Can she do this simply because I'm dating her daughter?

If her mother obtains an "order of protection" requiring YOU to stay away from her daughter, and you disobey that order; that's when your life gets complicated.
As YOU term it, not only will ig look BAD for you, it'll be BAD for you!!!

Save yourself some embarrassment and some pain, stay away from mommy's little princess.

It isn't called a "no contact order", either.
"No contact orders" are used in CHINS cases, and criminal proceedings.
In this situation, if obtained, its called an "order of protection".

By the way, if mom does obtain said order, it'll require little princess to stay away from you, too!!!!

Can I get an Order of Protection for my child?

Yes. A parent or guardian can file a petition for an Order of Protection for a child.

http://www.indianalegalservices.org/node/17/general-information-about-orders-protection#1

Last edited:
Since your focus on attention is a minor the parent has 100% control over who spends time with their minor child. Yes a protection order could be issues or even worse if you have had any sexual contact and that does not have to be physical. You are best served staying away until you are both 18

I can see where Mom is getting that idea. Stay away from her princess; all problems solved.

Your best bet is to wait until you are both 18 to be together.

Back