Does my ex have the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdm37

Hi:
I wanted to know if my ex has the right to demand to see me in person to discuss issues concerning our daughter when he can just as easy talk to me on the phone. My marriage ended to this man because of verbal/physical and emotional abuse. I am now married to someone else and am very happy. My ex claims that I must meet him in person periodically to discuss issues concerning my daughter. This last time he tried to demand this, I told him my work schedule would not permit it which is true because I work in a hospital at night and weekends while he works in the daytime, but he still tried to force this. I finally broke him down to talk to me on the phone, and what he had to talk about could have been talked about over the phone. Is there a LAW that will permit him to force this?
:confused:

No one can force you to talk to them in person. If he doesnt want to talk over the phone tell him to put what he has to say in writing. Personally it sounds like he is making an excuse to see you again.

Thankyou!!!

Thanks so much for answering my question. I went on the lawyers.com website and I was very disappointed. Not because I did not get the answer I thought was right but I received alot of crazy opinions about why was I so resistent to see him in person and one lawyer told me "What's the big deal?" after explaining the abuse I suffered with him. I then asked the moderator for help and she told the system doesn't explain everything out to a "knat's eyebrow"!.... unbelievable!. Nevertheless, thankyou again for taking the time to give me your input on this subject.
P.S. I know the site told that if I had to go to court for anything that this website did not take of place of legal counsel, but you still helped out.:)

:D Im glad I could be of some help. Good luck.

It's ridiculous that anyone should tell your fear of an ex is ridiculous.

Regarding your discussion with your ex, it would be equally ridiculous to compel you to have to discuss it with him face to face. The bottom line is how you are dealing with your daughter and that can be discussed just as easily on the phone.

Of note, when one person feels they have control over another (especially in the case of abuse), they believe that a face to face confrontation will do well to intimidate, or in the alternative situation to endear the other person, hoping to manipulate that person emotionally into doing what they wish to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back