Does my appointed attorney in Dekalb County have to be in court in order for my dhr case to close

Mommyof3

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I got my kids taken and put into a safety plan for marijuana use on October 23rd 2017 .. they was in a safety plan for 90 days .. we went to court January 11th 2018 so they can come back to my home which they did .. we completed all the drug treatment program and parent counseling and passed all our drug screen for color code testing . They said they would see us back in court to close our case April 12th 2018 which was 90 days from when they placed them with us .. my case worker came to my home yesterday for her monthly visit .. and said she's hoping to have the case closed on April 12th .. what does that mean ? She's hoping ? Why wouldn't they close it if we finished all tasks they wanted us to do ?..also my attorney they appointed me claims she doesn't need to be in court the day they plan to close the case ? Then why did they appoint me one if they don't need to be there ?especially since my case worker said my attorney needs to be there ? I'm really confused

You'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see the big surprise they've cooked up for you.

Weed is illegal, yet you chose to break their laws and puff on the weed.

Sad....

You'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see the big surprise they've cooked up for you.

Weed is illegal, yet you chose to break their laws and puff on the weed.

Sad....
Where I'm originally from weed is legal .. we moved to Alabama and a family member of my husbands knew we smoked it in the other state we came from
.. and the family member did not get along with my husband ..and called dhr on us

Where I'm originally from weed is legal .. we moved to Alabama and a family member of my husbands knew we smoked it in the other state we came from
.. and the family member did not get along with my husband ..and called dhr on us

It doesn't matter if it was legal where you used to live...it's not legal where you live and not legal federally.

I don't see any judgement there. I see a statement of fact. "Judging" does not mean "telling me something I don't want to hear".

I don't see any judgement there. I see a statement of fact. "Judging" does not mean "telling me something I don't want to hear".
The Comment above that one judged me basically... I wassnt posting this for people to get on to me over marijuana I already paid the consequences .. I however was asking advice on my situation and it seems like everyone wants to jump on me for marijuana

No, you inferred it as a judgement. It wasn't one. She didn't say anything about you, or what kind of person you were, or your morals or ethics or anything like that. She simply pointed out, and correctly, that the laws of your former state do not apply outside of that state.

You're the one who decided to take it as a personal attack.

What did the attorney say when you called and told her that the DHR caseworker said the attorney needed to attend the hearing on the 12th?

What did the attorney say when you called and told her that the DHR caseworker said the attorney needed to attend the hearing on the 12th?
This is what she said :

There is no paperwork that they would be waiting on me ..I can not be there next Thursday because I have a scheduled vacation set for next week. I will email case worker and see how she wants to handle it. Again, it's DHR's case so therefore they aren't waiting on me for anything. If they want to close the case, then they would submit the court report and their lawyer would send over an order for the Judge.

Go to the hearing. If your attorney does not show up and the judge asks where she is, you can answer the judge honestly. If the judge feels that the attorney will need to be there, the judge will decide that and what to do. If the judge decides that the case is to be closed, then it will be.

Also we had it in our system .. it stays for 30 days or more .. I didn't get dhr in my life for Possession if marijuana .. they gave us a drug test

I didn't judge. I stated a fact - also you have to smoke a LOT of marijuana for it to stay in your system for 30 days. My ex husband is a drug addict. Mostly meth but he smoked pot too...and you had to be doing a lot if you had it in your system 30 days later.

You said that it wasn't illegal in your prior state - well it is illegal where you live and federally. So you knew you were wrong and you still did it. Fact.

I don't honestly care what you think about my response. It's a public forum. You're going to get those responses.

Back