Does a Pregnant Minor Under the Age of Consent Have Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisyphus

Does a minor under the age of consent have any constitutional rights in regard to abortion, and or conceiving and raising a child? I know it is illegal to have sex with a minor but please set that aside and look at it from the minors perspective, what rights would he or she have to make these types of decisions?

Before I answer anything more from you, you're going to have to convince me that this is not part of a homework assignment. You've got too many unrelated questions for me to believe these are all situations that are happening to you and/or yours all at once.

I guess i'll have to do without your answers.

I very much appreciate any contributions people make.

It is not for homework, I just wish to be informed about laws, and rights, and how they pertain to everyone.

I have no legal education and I am fairly ignorant of many things pertaining to procedure, case law, and terminology.

I do my best to sound knowledgeable but I am far from it :)

I'm with cbg. You have been having too many questions to be taking up the time of the volunteers. Do you ever do a google search or try to find your answer elsewhere before posting?

May I please smile politely and try to put this one to bed?

Pregnant minor has all rights.

Alleged father has none.

Parents have none.

Next! :D

Well, there goes that plan.

I'll try to be clear this time.

The US cannot sterilize her against her will, nor can they fit her with a chastity belt. So in that context, yes, she has a right to conceive.

But that's not the issue.

Can you guess what the real issue might be?

"Can you guess what the real issue might be?"

That she is not of the age of consent? Can the state pass laws that deny her right to conceive?

Sisyphus, you're rolling that boulder again. It didn't work hundreds if years ago, it doesn't work today.
I, however, have a cure for your boulder problem.
Please refrain from posting nonsense, and things that you are free to "Bing", "Google", or "Yahoo"!

Army judge, I feel that the MA child rape statute significantly shirks the protected rights of minors.

Morally this is only a problem were a person of a 'higher" intellect and "maturity" takes advantage of a person of lower maturity or intellect.

From the stance of a young lady, or man, he has a constitutional right to conceive, the law (MA law) tells her this is prohibited.

Would this be grounds to challenge the statute?

Oh, NOW I know who you are!

Pardon me, it shouldn't have taken me so long to recognize you. Pro, you've met him before too. On at least two boards.

The pregnant minor has total say so over whether or not she aborts child. In return the parents of the minor have zero obligation to support child. They also have say so over where you stay.
Now on to other issue no a minor under the age of consent does not have the right to conceptions since its illegal for him/her to engage in sexual activity

The pregnant minor has total say so over whether or not she aborts child. In return the parents of the minor have zero obligation to support child. They also have say so over where you stay.
Now on to other issue no a minor under the age of consent does not have the right to conceptions since its illegal for him/her to engage in sexual activity

So since the US constitution provides the right to conceive for a woman (including minor women) a law abridging that right would be unconstitutional and could be considered overly broad so as to significantly infringe on constitutionally protected interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back