docked wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant2cory

My office manager told me to leave work the other day due to a disagreement I had with her. I sayed for a few minutes to ask if I should come in the next day. After waiting for approx. 10min to speak with her she told me I could stay and then kept me in her office for another 10 min to talk to me. I finished my shift that day and clocked out at 5:01pm. The next day I checked my time sheet (they are computerized) and my "clock out" time had been changed to 4:01pm. I never left the office that day and I dont see how this is legal. It can't be, can it?

what is the law that says this? She thinjks that because she is the Office maneger that she can do whatever she wants and I want to know my rights before I talk to her about it. My co-worker thinks that she will make things "more difficult" for me if I confront her. It is already a bad situationa nd I can not leave this job until May 2009 for personal reasons. I dont want to get in more trouble for confronting her

It is the Fair Labor Standards Act, which is the primary law for paying wages in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back