Do I need a seperate order for garnishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodymr1964

In a legal separation, in March of this year, my husband was ordered to pay support. He has not even attempted to pay. He is on social security which I know can be garnished. Do I need an actual order for garnishment? Or can just the legal separation papers be submitted to social security.

What kind of Social security is he on? Disability or is he retired? If it is disability you should be receiving a benefit for the child.

In a legal separation, in March of this year, my husband was ordered to pay support. He has not even attempted to pay. He is on social security which I know can be garnished. Do I need an actual order for garnishment? Or can just the legal separation papers be submitted to social security.
He is on Social Security Disability and also receives an early retirement. And there are no minor children involved. The judge ordered alimony, knowing also he was on SSD.

I would make it easy and file for Contempt. You can ask the Judge to have the support paid through the court and/or they will garnish his wages.

I would make it easy and file for Contempt. You can ask the Judge to have the support paid through the court and/or they will garnish his wages.
Thank You I actually have an appointment witha new lawyer on the 7th. My lawyer has been @#%^$ me around!!

I am not a lawyer and not giving legal advice, but i am doing the samething. Except i have a income deduction order signed by the Judge and a Judgement from 97, which is the requirement in Florida. My family clerks are very helpful, as i already sent to SS and now just waiting. Also he will try and fight this, but can only contest on three grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back