Do I have any rights??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini61

I am from Indiana and my new husband is from California. We were just married in Indiana and I relocated to California with my Daughter (minor). 4 days after we were married and living at his house, he advised me that the marriage was a mistake and he did not want to be married any longer. I packed our bags and moved back to Indiana. He paid for all cost to fly back and shipping belongings back. I quit my job of 15 years of service, and now do not have a job, I sold my car and now have nothing, and I do not have a place to live. Do I have any rights coming to me for damages????? Anything????? He does have money, and no prenuped was signed....

nope, probably not. This is one of the risks you take when you move across the country to get married. how long did you date him before all this happened? You probably have no grounds to sue him for. You probably will be able to get an annulment but I would see an attorney but since the marriage was so short, I cannot see you being awarded alimony.

nope, probably not. This is one of the risks you take when you move across the country to get married. how long did you date him before all this happened? You probably have no grounds to sue him for. You probably will be able to get an annulment but I would see an attorney but since the marriage was so short, I cannot see you being awarded alimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back