Do i have a case against the car dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid84

I first went to this car dealer to get a 2010 leased car.
He took the downpayment 2500$ and updated my geico insurance.
Finally says financing is not approved.

I asked him for refund and he said me to come back during weekdays as they dont process refunds on weekends.

When i go back the next time the same salesman wasnt there.
The sales manager over there said to me i have signed a contract and i wont get a refund unless i buy a car from them.he suggested me to buy a certified car.

I agreed and he showed me a 2006 accord EX model and said verbally that its one owner and no accidents.All the paper work was done.The finance manager sold me extended warranty and i said fine to it.

When i checked the car-fax before signing the final bill,i found the paperwork was for different car,3-owner and multiple accidents.I immediately lost trust and started walking out.The guy caught my arm and said it was error and he would now give me a 2007 SE accord bcoz of error.

I noticed some Lojack items in the final bill,but there was no price disclosure for these.I asked him what is this and he said its banks requirement to have lojack and its included in the price.I am math major and said him the bill looks incorrect.The guy says it includes the interest and i am talking too much.

So i take this 2007 car and call the lender when i reached home and found that i was cheated.The only paper work is for the extended warranty and the final bill.He didnt give me any paperwork for lojack except for listing these items and charging me.

I keep calling the GM and he says sorry and said me to come to his office.
When i go there they keep me waiting.

I am planning to go to the court for Lo-jack 2500$ package they charged me.
Please help.I have no signed contract/warranty papers for lo-jack warranty package except that they are listed without their price in the final bill.
They cheated me,do i have a case?

Charging without disclosure of price

bottom line is that i have been sold accessiories without disclosing the price,as the price was clubbed with taxes and the car price.
therefore i signed on the final contract thinking these accessories are included in the price.
I did raise a concern and was told the differential i see is the interest.

Kindly let me know what course should i take?

i have sued the dealership in small claims court.
are small claims court decisions enforceable?

Sid84 said:
i have sued the dealership in small claims court.
are small claims court decisions enforceable?
Yes.
But, you have to enforce them.
That's the hard part.
From what you say, you'll win.
Then YOU have to enforce the judgment.

Thanks Army Judge.

Thanks for your response.
Ill update the thread once i am done with the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back