Do I even have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy001

I'm 16 and I had a job at a restaurant since the beggining of August. Today they had me scheduled to work a double and I was scheduled to work 12-4 and then 5-10. That had me with a 1 hour break. I asked a trainer for it at around 4:15. Instead they let me go at 4:45 and told me to come back in 20 minutes. I handed in my name tag and then left. My boyfriend then got out at 10 to 5 and when he found out that i was only getting 20 minutes he went in and talked to a manager. The manager said to come back at 5:30. It was better then 20 minutes so I didn't really miss the 15 minutes I was losing. When I went back in I asked the assistant general manager for my name tag and she said she would get it for me after she got back from running out to the floor. Then while i was waiting by the office some regional general manager was asking me about my own general manager. My general manager had talked to me about 4 days ago about how i had to retake this test because i had failed it, but so did the majority of the other hostesses. However I only had to retake the test (and i did very well on it when i re-took it). The RGM asked if that talk helped me to do any better. I said his talk didn't help me at all but I told him of my progress. Then my actual general manager came in to the room and said he didn't mean to interrupt and just had to get something. Then the RGM told him about what we talked about. Then my GM stopped what he was doing and started telling me that i was not really preforming up to par and he didn't know if I really fit in with the company ect ect. I thought this came as a shock because everyone said i was doing better. I was definately preforming just as well, if not better then the majority of the other hostesses.

The point of telling this long story is that I'm not sure if he either fired me because of the whole break thing or because i had in his mind bad mouthed him to his boss. I thought the whole situation was fishy because when my boyfriend went to the kitchen to get my purse not even the Asisstant General Manager, my trainers, or any of the other managers knew i was fired and were asking my boyfriend to tell me to punch back in. Since the day I started working there I've felt like that manager had it out for me. I feel like it was only a matter of time before he was going to fire me.

I'm sorry that you were fired. I know it sucks. You probably do not have much of a case because you can be fired for just about any reason really. I have been fired from jobs when I was younger. It's probably just best to go get another job. My 16 year old stepdaughter was fired from a large department store, then got another job with a retirement community that she has been at for almost a year and she likes it.

I know its kind of an ego bruiser but honestly, I would leave this job off your applications and just go out and find another one.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back