Divorcing - He won't move out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovifan46

My sister and her husband are divorcing and he won't move out. They rent a townhouse. She has asked him to leave repeatedly. I do not know if he is on the lease or not. What can she do to get him out of the house?

My sister and her husband are divorcing and he won't move out. They rent a townhouse. She has asked him to leave repeatedly. I do not know if he is on the lease or not. What can she do to get him out of the house?

She should really be posting for herself, as she will be aware of all pertinent facts. Also the question " What State are you in" is very important.

With that said...MOST LIKELY hubby doesn't have to leave HIS home without a court order stating such. They are both entitled to stay in the marital home until a Judge determines who gets to "keep it".

Who says the husband has to leave the home just because the wife asks him too? He doesn't and it may not matter if he is on the lease or not. It is his residence and if she wants to evict him and he is not on the lease, she has to go through proper eviction procedures. If he is on the lease, he has every right to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back