Divorce

Amy Pardini

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I was married in 2014 and was married for a couple of years, well one day I believe in 2017 he just up and left with no sign or no explanation!! Okay well he was on disability and when we first got married he was able to get my 2 daughter's and my self drawing a SSDI check off of his disability which it was only like $220 a piece for each one of us but after he left in 2016 we continue to keep drawing it,, well March of 2019 all of a sudden it stopped and only when I realized it was on the 3rd of March 2019 I went to check my balance to see if it came like I have done every month for years and March 2019 I called to check my account and there wasn't anything in there!! So I call Social Security office and ask why that was the case and they said that I was divorced the month prior to March 2019 well it was a new one on me, I was surprised,, I haven't received any paperwork or had no idea that I was divorced. I'm calling around trying to find the divorce papers or where I can get a divorce decree from and I can't find a divorce no where that took place for me and him,, I have called newspapers company,, I have called every Government Center from here to Tennessee,, and everything I have read about this has said only way I shouldn't know about this is if it was posted in the newspaper,,, well they can't even find it being posted anywhere, I never received papers for being divorced,, I can't find any papers,, don't know anything about the situation. So my question is,,, is there a way that I can be divorced without knowing about it without having to sign any papers,,, and I can't find anywhere that this took place,, I have called and done everything I know to do,,, what can I do or how can I find out if this is true,, are is it possible for it to be done without me knowing anything about it or signing anything!!

is there a way that I can be divorced without knowing about it

Yes, it only requires notice of a divorce in periodical or newspaper.

without having to sign any papers,

Yes, he could have ALLEGED you ran off and deserted him.
Yes, I know you said he deserted you, but people do lie even on official court documents.
Count this as a blessing, he's gone forever out of your life.

You might NOT be divorced, because people do FORGE documents and create PHONY documents to get away with many things.

what can I do or how can I find out if this is true,

If you are curious, keep searching ALL 50 states, DC, and five or six US territories.

In fact, you might need to search Mexico, Canada, Bahamas, etc...

How you do that?

Some people hire a private investigator.

You might be able to visit the local social security office and see what you can learn.

is it possible for it to be done without me knowing anything about it or signing anything

You betcha it can be done without you knowing because you TOLD us it was done without you being informed.

Well the social security office where I was receiving my benefits wouldn't have allow or accepted something phony or forged???? Correct???

Back