Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeosQuest

I am about to divorce my wife of 2 years... The marriage has gotten to the point that we no longer get alone. We have one daughter. I am currently the only one employed, and my wife is collecting unemployment. I am doing all i can to stay afloat and keep a roof over our head and food on the table. My wife does not want to get a job to help pay the bills. My wife always abuses me verbally and has thrown things at me, which has caused me to have severe panics attacks. When my wife gets erratic, she tells me that "i will be paying out of my ass for child support" and that she will get a "baby sitter and make me pay half in order for me to not make ends meet", etc. I love my child and would do anything for him. I simply cannot afford to battle with my wife in court because i am already struggling financially. As much as i would like to have an uncontested divorce, i feel my wife will intentionally make this difficult in order to burden me even more with legal debts... What disturbing to me, is that my wife is leaving in 2 days to go to Australia for 2.5 months to visit her parents while she is still collecting unemployment, which i believe and have been told is unlawful... Any advice would be appreciated, especially from anyone from Nevada... Thanks.

Last edited:
Quick question - is your child going to Australia?

(btw, you refer to a daughter but then say "him"...why?)

Same situation.... I didnt file for divorce back then due to finances and limited resources. I only need responses from those that can offer good advice...

Same situation.... I didnt file for divorce back then due to finances and limited resources. I only need responses from those that can offer good advice...

I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for. As I said, you were given excellent advice in your previous thread. It's still excellent advice. You should follow it.

The other day coming home from work, i walked in on my wife flipping out violanly on my daughter. Our daughter was doing her homework, and my wife was helping;however, when my daughter kept on messing up on her homework, my wife yelled "can't you do this stupid and simple homework assignment". She then yelled out of frustration: " Do it right or I'm going to kill you"... Of course they did not hear me walk into the house while all of this was going on... I ended up recording my wife yelling at our daughter... Can i use the recording during my divorce in order to protect my rights as a father and to show that my wife is simply not as nice as she has told me she would portray herself if a divorce were ever to occur.

Check the laws on surreptitious recordings in NV.

Did Nevada law allow the fat, balding, Italian guy to use them in the recent OJ kidnapping/robbery trial?

You betcha, big guy, you betcha.

File for divorce already.

Turn the hag in to the unemployment authorities for leaving the US while on unemployment.

Divorce her while she's gone.

Homework in late June, really?

Schools been out for some time in NV, Shamus.

Your dog won't hunt, your wife won't work, your book of fiction won't sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ, some schools in NV are year-round. My friend taught at one for 2 years.

OP, even though NV is a 1 party state, I doubt that your recording would be admissible. However, if it is allowed, I think the judge would be a little peeved that instead of intervening in this "violent" episode, you had the presence of mind to record it.

irish223 said:
AJ, some schools in NV are year-round. My friend taught at one for 2 years.

OP, even though NV is a 1 party state, I doubt that your recording would be admissible. However, if it is allowed, I think the judge would be a little peeved that instead of intervening in this "violent" episode, you had the presence of mind to record it.

All valid points, Irish, and solid advice.

I believe, however, these "incidents" are the stuff of cheap romance novels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back