divorce while pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

marylian

Im currently pregnant and have akid with autism. I take care of all his treatments in the mornings. My husband who is in the army want to divorce now, he just told me get a job and deal with it. What are my options for the divorce.

Im currently pregnant and have akid with autism. I take care of all his treatments in the mornings. My husband who is in the army want to divorce now, he just told me get a job and deal with it. What are my options for the divorce.

There are special considerations in a military divorce, and IMO you need an attorney with that kind of experience. The following website has lots of links with good information:
http://www.divorcesource.com/info/military/military.shtml

If you and your husband are not currently living together because he is stationed elsewhere, you might consider filing first. He may be able to file where he is stationed, and it's better for you to have the proceedings in your state's jurisdiction.

In many states, you will not be allowed to proceed with a divorce during pregnancy, but you may be able to file the initial paperwork. Check with a lawyer or at your local courthouse. Your husband is still required to provide support during this time. If he isn't, then you should be able to file for temporary support.

You should also plan to find a job. Although he will have to provide support for the unborn child and your other child (if the child is his), he will probably not be required to fully support your household after the divorce. You will have to find a job to supplement his support.

I'm sorry you have to go through this, but good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back