DIVORCE: File on our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endz

Salutations. We live in Massachusetts and have been separated for three years. We would like to get a divorce...but want to avoid the financial costs. We have two children. We have no property of our own. There is no "battle" over custody...a joint custody is our goal. I have been giving child support to wife over this time period. Is there a procedure we can follow on our own? Where can we get the paperwork necessary for this (online) ? Any other advice is more than welcome.

Thank you

You can usually avoid the costs of a divorce if the situation is amicable. I don't know if you can do it very quickly with minimal court intervention if a child is involved but it can be most cost effective and done properly with an attorney. I prefer that route rather than "do it yourself" kits since these actions are important in your life and it is best they are done properly by people with experience. It is less important if you are buying an automobile for $5,000, by way of example.

We can give you information regarding both upon request to us by using our link for services on the left hand side of our page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back