Divorce and a large family farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gski02

Sirs:
A friend of mines husband just informed her he wants a divorce and moved out of their house. He works on a large family farm that is owned by his parents. He states that she has no right to any value of the farm because he's not on the deed or an owner. It was just found out that he had to get a rather large life insurance policy along with his parents when they added another large barn. My take on that is that they had to do that with him because he must be on the note. Would this action link him as an owner of the farm? Thanks!

thanks for your reply. she has hired a lawyer and a divorce action has been started. what's being said by her husband is that he's not an owner of the farm. that's what lead me to my question. if that were the case why would he have to take out a life insurance policy along with his parents prior to them being able to get the money for their new building. my understanding is that if you were required to take out a life insurance policy such as this, you were on the bank note.

thanks again. I'll make the title search suggestion. I've already suggested subpoenaing all the farms records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back