Disorderly conduct court questions

D

drunkstupid87

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was arrested for disorderly conduct last year with no prior record. I went to jail, saw the judge, and asked for a public defender which I qualified for.

My question is, when do I enter my plea? I've been to court twice since then, the first time nothing happened and the second time my name was called to go to the front and my public defender just told me I needed to have a meeting with him. Did I already enter my plea? I know I wouldn't be dumb enough to plead guilty

Thanks for any help

I was arrested for disorderly conduct last year with no prior record. I went to jail, saw the judge, and asked for a public defender which I qualified for.

My question is, when do I enter my plea? I've been to court twice since then, the first time nothing happened and the second time my name was called to go to the front and my public defender just told me I needed to have a meeting with him. Did I already enter my plea? I know I wouldn't be dumb enough to plead guilty

Thanks for any help

You need to ask your lawyer to be sure.
Generally there are many appearances before you enter a plea, or proceed to trial.
If you had plead,you'd have been given documents to sign.

Or your attorney may have entered a "not guilty" for you and since you are properly represented you didn't need to be there.

Back