Discruntled employee fired me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaduddell

I sent an e-mail to a co-worker and cc'd two other's. Yes it was sexually oriented and it was a joke. He thought it was hilarious and so did the people I cc'd. It was sent to another co-worker, female, by a person I had cc'd. This all happened on the 21st of February. On February 29th this female employee was fired for un related matter's i.e. performance, attendance etc. On March 3rd, the Monday after she was fired, she sent this cartoon to the vice president of our company with my letterhead on it and I was fired for sexual harassment. The original co-workers in my e-mail all received a letter from our head of HR apologizing for the e-mail I sent 2 weeks earlier and were outraged that I was let go for it. The female that was fired blamed me although I was not mentioned on her term papers, she had posted it on her My Space site. And I can prove that another co-worker forwarded the e-mail and her, letterhead removed so mine was the only one there. She also called me to gloat.

And what is your question?

Sending a sexually oriented "joke" to co-workers is a valid reason to fire you regardless of whether the recipient found it funny or not. What other employees did or did not do is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back